I made several changes, based on the feedback I got (thanks everyone!) My first submission was basically a proof-of-concept testing how far HTML, CSS and JS can go. This one just tightens it up a bit more.
- Now validates as HTML 4.01 (yay!)
- Colors are higher in contrast
- Heading style are more consistent
- Centered images in sidebars
- Centered the footer
- Revamped the HTML for the userpages
- Changed the look of the tabs.
- Added my deviantIcons toolbars
- Changed toolbar names, icon and ordering
(easier to use, and reduces redundancy).
When downloading, the zip file includes everything except the content-filler images
Prototypes are available online:
Just for fun:
I was also experimenting with alternate stylesheets. Those of you with a Mozilla browser can change stylesheets on-the-fly on the homepage ("View", "Use Style", then the name of the stylesheet).
- Change it to "Royal", which is just a purple recolor done in CSS (see screenshot).
- Change it to "Base", to see the basic HTML. This is the HTML without applying the CSS, just to show how powerful CSS is in completely changing the look.